Wonton Skin Canapés
October 16, 2011 § Leave a comment
Does this sound familiar?
You bought a pack of wonton wrappers and made boatloads of dumplings and siew mai, but you still have half a pack of wrappers and cannot bear to face yet another steamed/deep fried ball of minced pork. What do you do now?
Why, invite a bunch of friends over for a canape party, of course!
Step 1: Call friends. Tell them to BYOB.
Step 2: Brush the wonton wraps with olive oil. Line muffin trays with the wraps to form cups.
Step 3: Bake the wonton wrappers at 170°C or until edges just turn golden.
Step 4: Start making the fillings. Some ideas for fillings:
– Shrimp, boiled, shelled and deveined
– Garlic, finely chopped
– Red onions, finely chopped
– Lemon juice
– Black pepper, coarsely ground
* Mix all the ingredients well.
– Honey-baked ham shavings
– Cheddar cheese
– Cherry tomatoes
* Fill wonton cups with ingredients and bake at 170°C until cheese starts to bubble.
– Pineapple, cubed small
– Tomatoes, cubed small
– Red onions, diced small
– Cucumber, cubed small
– Mint leaves, chopped fine
– Chili padi, sliced
– Lime juice
* Mix salt, sugar and lime juice to taste. Pour over ingredients and mix well.
Step 5: Get friends to put fillings in wonton cups.
Step 6: Eat! Voila! No more leftover wonton wraps!